In December we carried a story detailing the level of allowances paid to members of Hastings Borough Council (HBC), the 32 men and women elected almost a year ago to represent your views on local issues.
So, as we approach the first anniversary of those council elections, when all 32 seats on HBC were being contested, we thought it might be time to have a look at the attendance record of your councillors.
While council leader Peter Chowney has been expected to attend a total of 15 meetings since the new council was formed in May last year other councillors have been required to attend as few as three meetings and that’s why, in addition to expressing attendance as a percentage, to help put the numbers in context we have also included the actual number of meetings councillors have been expected to attend and the number they have managed to make.
More than half of council members, 18, have 100 per cent attendance records.
Councillors with 100 per cent (full) attendance
- Sue Beaney Braybrooke Ward (12/12)
- Dominic Sabetian Braybrooke Ward (3/3)
- Alan Roberts Wishing Tree Ward (12/12)
- Phil Scott Wishing Tree Ward (9/9)
- Maya Evans Hollington Ward (7/7)
- Paul Barnett Hollington Ward (6/6)
- Judy Rogers Castle Ward (12/12)
- Andy Batsford St Helens Ward (12/12)
- Mike Turner Baird Ward (6/6)
- Nigel Sinden Silverhill Ward (5/5)
- James Bacon Old Hastings Ward (3/3)
- Mathew Beaver West St Leonards Ward (9/9)
- Karl Beaney West St Leonards Ward (7/7)
- Rob Lee Maze Hill Ward (10/10)
- Andy Patmore Maze Hill Ward (11/11)
- Sorrell Marlow-Eastwood Ashdown Ward (12/12)
- Paul Foster Conquest Ward (6/6)
- Dany Louise Old Hastings Ward (3/3)
Councillors with attendance of less than 100 per cent
- Peter Chowney Tressell Ward 93 per cent (14/15)
- Ruby Cox Central St Leonards Ward 93 per cent (14/15)
- Trevor Webb Central St Leonards Ward 92 per cent (12/13)
- Warren Davies Baird Ward 92 per cent (11/12)
- Heather Bishop Ore Ward 92 per cent (14/15)
- Leah Levane Castle Ward 88 per cent (7/8)
- Margi O’Callaghan Silverhill Ward 85 per cent (11/13)
- Antonia Berelson St Helens Ward 83 per cent (5/6)
- Andrew Battley Ore Ward 83 per cent (5/6)
- Kim Forward Gensing Ward 73 per cent (8/11)
- Colin Fitzgerald Gensing Ward 58 per cent (7/12)
- Tania Charman Tressell Ward 44 per cent (4/9)
- John Rankin Conquest Ward 89 per cent (8/9)
- Mike Edwards Ashdown Ward 89 per cent (8/9)
- To find out how much your councillors are paid in allowances follow the link below.