Throughout the pandemic Hastings Borough Council (HBC) has made clear its priority of keeping residents safe and has said it was putting health and wellbeing at the heart of its decision making.
With lockdown measures set to ease further from Saturday (July 4th) and tourists coming back to the town, the council is once more urging residents and visitors alike to stay safe, keep social distancing and take simple precautions such as regularly washing hands.
Council leader Kim Forward said: “Over the past few weeks the council has spoken about the need for the re-opening of Hastings to happen safely and has done what it can to ensure this.
“More and more of our town’s great businesses and attractions are opening, with others set to do so from the end of this week. The same is true of council facilities. This is great to see but we must continue to proceed carefully, with safety and respect for each other at the forefront of our minds.
“The recent flare up of cases in Leicester, and its lockdown, show that the threat from this virus is still real. In the last week we have also seen a rise of cases in Europe again after a few weeks of declining numbers, and around the world the virus continues to spread. The number of new cases has also increased in East Sussex recently.
“Social distancing and regularly washing our hands remain the most effective ways to stay safe and prevent the spread. Everyone has a part to play in our recovery. We must proceed with caution and look after each other.”