Seaview’s sponsored mass sleep-out returns to the Stade Open Space on Friday September 27th, raising awareness and funds for some of the town’s most vulnerable people.
The Big Sleep 2019 will put greater emphasis on what the Big Sleep is all about, its role in enabling Seaview to carry out its vital work in the town and why people choose to take part.
What is Seaview? Find out by following this link
Entertainment on the night is exclusively for sleepers, with added performers and more time in the cardboard city before bedtime. Brand new for 2019 is a ‘Speaker’s Corner’ area for sleepers to engage with Seaview staff and discuss the issues affecting Seaview clients and the services available.
There will also be an exhibition from Awareness for Action volunteer and photographer John Stiles called No Labels, Stiles explains: “The idea behind the exhibition was to try and show the viewers the character and personality of the people who visit Seaview; to look beyond labels and see the individual.”
As in previous years, the event will take place from 8pm-7am with soup available in the evening and porridge served at 6.30am.
Teams and individuals are encouraged to take part, with prizes available in return for sponsorship milestones. Registration is open now at https://thebigsleephastings.com This year there are limited boxes so participants are encouraged to sign up soon and hit their first milestone to reserve a box.
For those wishing to take part:
- Head to https://thebigsleephastings.com and sign up as an individual or a team.
- There are prizes to be won for top fundraisers and sponsorship incentives return this year too: raise £25 and secure a ticket and a box for the sleep out, £75 or more and receive a Big Sleep T-shirt, raise £150 or more and get a Big Sleep hoodie. Our biggest individual and team fundraiser will both receive prizes. There will be glow in the dark wristbands for sale and Big Sleep wooly hats.
- The Big Sleep is looking for business sponsorship to help cover the costs of the event to ensure all sponsorship raised by the Big Sleepers goes directly towards Seaview’s frontline services working with the homeless and vulnerable. If your business is interested in supporting the Big Sleep please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Big Sleep is organised by the Seaview Awareness 4 Action Group – A4A – comprised of a group of volunteers who are passionate about the work of Seaview.
- For over 30 years Seaview Project has been supporting some of the most vulnerable people in Hastings and St Leonards, most of whom experience problems with their accommodation. The reality of sleeping rough is not something experienced by the majority of people, and albeit for one night only, The Big Sleep enables participants to engage with the reality of bedding down for the night with only a cardboard box and sleeping bag for warmth.
- Find out more about The Big Sleep…