Where will you be sleeping on September 27th? Why not try a night out on The Stade and as part of The Big Sleep raise some money for worthy cause at the same time.
The Seaview Project is holding its annual sponsored sleep-out that night to raise awareness as well as vital funds ti help some of the town’s most vulnerable people and there are still places left for more sleepers to take part!
Entertainment on the night is exclusively for sleepers, with added performers and more time in the cardboard city before bedtime. Brand new for 2019 is a Speaker’s Corner for sleepers to to meet and chat with Seaview staff to be able to find out more about the issues affecting Seaview clients and the services available.
There will also be an exhibition on display from Awareness for Action volunteer and photographer John Stiles called No Labels Stiles explains: ”The idea behind the exhibition was to try and show the viewers the character and personality of the people who visit Seaview; to look beyond labels and see the individual.”
As with previous years, the event will take place from 8pm-7am with soup available in the evening and porridge served at 6.30am.
Entertainment on the night comes from Hayley Savage, Keith and Harry Osbourne, King Size Slim and Ed Boxall.
Registration is open now at https://thebigsleephastings.com
What do you do if you want to take part? Just follow these simple steps:
- Head to https://thebigsleephastings.com and sign up as an individual or a team, £25 per person must be raised to secure a box.
- Our biggest individual and team fundraisers will both receive prizes on the night and there will also be Big Sleep merchandise available to purchase at the event.
- The Big Sleep is looking for business sponsorship to help cover the costs of the event to ensure all sponsorship raised by the Big Sleepers goes directly towards Seaview’s frontline services working with the homeless and vulnerable. The Big Sleep organisers are extremely grateful to the Foreshore Trust, Lions Club of Hastings and the FILO for sponsoring the event and if your business or group is interested in supporting The Big Sleep please contact email@example.com for more information.
- The Big Sleep is organised by the Seaview Awareness 4 Action Group – A4A – comprised of a group of volunteers who are passionate about the work of Seaview.
- For over 30 years Seaview Project has been supporting some of the most vulnerable people in Hastings and St Leonards, most of whom experience problems with their accommodation.
- The reality of sleeping rough is not something experienced by the majority of people, and albeit for one night only, The Big Sleep will enables participants to engage with the reality of bedding down for the night with only a cardboard box and sleeping bag for warmth.
Read about last year’s Big Sleep from someone who took part by clicking the link above…